The Santa Barbara Youth Music Academy offers a full musical experience to youth from all cultures and backgrounds in a safe environment that encourages the pursuit of music, and inspires the gifted to pursue their abilities completely.
We are an energetic and academic environment that teaches practical music theory while continuously booking performance opportunities in front of live audiences. We encourage every child to focus on their own value and untapped potential through music; for those kids that are willing, we prepare them with the skills they need to successfully pursue music in college and in life.
- To spark interest and motivate a desire to learn music in youth
- To instill confidence and motivation through public performances
- To introduce college preparatory music and music theory, and
- To fully prepare students for college music curriculums
- To explore the history of music
- To explore the music of other cultures
- To create opportunities for kids to record their own music
Ultimately, to stimulate and develop a lifelong desire for learning
and appreciation of music
We are financially supported by contributions, membership fees and grants. We are administered by the SBYMA Board of Directors, year round instructional staff and a Parents Committee. Every parent is invited to actively participate in SBYMA functions. We also collaborate with many other youth-oriented organizations in the Santa Barbara community, including Santa Barbara High School, the Santa Barbara Youth Project, CALM, HEARTS Adaptive Riding, the Unity Shoppe, and the Patricia Henley Foundation.
SBYMA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, or disability in its programs and activities.